Politicans’ Cup

I would like to propose a “Politicians’ Cup” for the entire Arab world. Like the World Cup, in the first round each politician will debate three others—for example, Qaddafi will debate Nasrallah, Mubarak and the Emir of Qatar—and the top two performers from each group will advance. After that, half the politicians will be eliminated in each round until there are only two left standing. Which two Arab leaders will make it to the finals?

Comments

Comment from Youssef {BO18}
Time: March 2, 2007, 18:33

Hahaha.

I place my bets on Siniora, M6 and/or Sultan Qaboos. They are gonna participate as well right?

Comment from moul
Time: March 4, 2007, 03:03

You choose a very loosy league with very few good players!! as a matter of choice i’ll pick Azmi Bichara (arab israeli MP) and Mustapha Barghuti (palestinian leftist MP), It wont be a real contest since the two have almost same political positions. Concerning kings and head of the states, no thank you, without me. My dream is to drow them up all. they’re equally bad (with an exception for Nassrallah but only for his resistance to Israel since he proved to be a bad politician)

Time: March 4, 2007, 03:55

@Youssef — I’m sure M6 will be a good sport and participate! I originally got this idea while imagining him in a head-to-head debate with Nadia Yessine. Frankly, I don’t think he’ll be any match for her….

@moul — “You choose a very loosy league with very few good players!!”—my point exactly! Lack of competition means a poor product.

I was waiting for people like you to come along and suggest some lesser-known players who could liven up the sport a little. There’s got to be a few more out there…!

Comment from Wydadi
Time: March 5, 2007, 05:06

Like moul put it,the arab political landscape is crowded with so many loosers i can’t find any more good player.Actually,the competition would be really boring except the exhibition of Nasrallah and if i had to rate it,the tournament wouldn’t exceed the third league level (3° division).

Comment from moul
Time: March 5, 2007, 14:14

@eatebees: I agree with u on an hypothetic M6 and Nadia yassine debate. She’s much more eloquent and maybe intelligente than he’s. During his 7 years of rign, he never show up on a tv interview, he never gave a press conference and he never spooke to a large public audience. At least his late father was very skillful in this exercise.

Comment from xoussef
Time: March 6, 2007, 16:35

Beware of a silent dog and still water.

Time: March 6, 2007, 17:54

@Xoussef: Have you been over to Bouba’s blog lately? If he hadn’t told me this saying a few days ago (in the comments here) I would have no idea what you’re talking about!

You’re a bit like still water yourself, friend — you’re scaring me! ;)

Comment from xoussef