a fow of the books I've read

Native Son The Fountainhead The Colossus of Maroussi The Woman in the Dunes Confessions of a Mask The Journey to the East

More books »
Book recommendations, book reviews, book lists

Return

Phoenix, Arizona, May 2007.

This image and the one in the previous post were taken twenty years apart. Some of you weren’t even alive when the first image was made. What has changed since then in the vision of how we should live, or the execution of that vision? Perhaps not much. We still seek to use technology to build an artificial paradise of ease and comfort. The illusion we’ve created is perpetuating itself. It is only we who live in it who get older.

Comments

Time: June 17, 2007, 21:54

Happy to see you back to your blog :)
how was your trip ????

Comment from admin_word
Time: June 18, 2007, 06:22

bonjour

alors on dit bienvenue chez toi :)

Comment from Myrtus
Time: June 18, 2007, 08:35

Hiiii Eatbees, nice to have you back! (:

Your thought provoking post made me think of this article.

Apparently not only are we getting older but richer as well and the need to create our own virtual existence becomes increasingly more affordable and more realistic.

Time: June 18, 2007, 13:47

Thanks everyone — I’m glad you’re still coming here :)

I’ve actually been back for a couple of weeks, but I’ve been catching up on “administrative” stuff like getting a new driver’s license — and wondering how to break my long blogging silence.

The trip was good, though of course driving 4000 km in three days is a challenge to both physical and mental endurance. It feels like a strange dream in which, for a short time, I was in California with old friends, and now it is far away again.

Now that my most important possessions (mostly books) are in my parents’ house, I don’t think I’ll repeat this experience for a while. I don’t mean I’ll stop traveling — I’m never happier than when I wake up in a new place. I’ll just try to travel light in the future.

I imagine more details of the trip will trickle out in future posts… inch’allah!

Comment from amine
Time: June 18, 2007, 13:58

welcome back ssi eatbees…we really missed you around here! Looking forward to your next posts…

Comment from Loula
Time: June 19, 2007, 20:30

Glad to see you’re back. Good to read you again.

Comment from Golaniya
Time: June 20, 2007, 08:41

Dear Eatbees, welcome back, we sure missed you so :-)